Air A "Professional" Wind Tunnel

OP
OP
Soul of Jacobeh

Soul of Jacobeh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Boy, not even a finger-grate over the end fans. You like to live dangerously, I see. :p

It's gorgeous.

jumpncrash

Newcomer
Yeah, guess we better add a finger grate before the safety police come by - don't think they'd accept the handwritten warning :)
haha, I think you should move the first guy to get his finger chopped off to a station nice and close as a warning to all other people who don't pay attention to rapidly spinning fans.

OP
OP
Soul of Jacobeh

Soul of Jacobeh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@Carl T Mineral oil in general is usually fine, but considering how hot these devices get I wouldn't really recommend it. You'll likely see hot spots in areas where the mineral oil doesn't flow well. I'm hesitant to suggest anything that has poor flow characteristics around these devices.

That said, with aggressive flow, you should be OK.

Carl T

Banned
Banned
@Carl T Mineral oil in general is usually fine, but considering how hot these devices get I wouldn't really recommend it. You'll likely see hot spots in areas where the mineral oil doesn't flow well. I'm hesitant to suggest anything that has poor flow characteristics around these devices.

That said, with aggressive flow, you should be OK.
hmph Well, thanks for the info! I'm a liquid cooling noob lol My rad is a thin 240mm. Pump is a 5-speed thermaltake https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835106371

I have a 14" x 7" x 3" custom vinyl or plexiglass box. 1/4" thick so maybe it would draw enough, or quickly enough through :)
But, I hear it could react with pcbs :|

I am actually waiting to find out if they'll do a swap for the liquid cooled. I may also try to add an aftermarket cooler, and keep the fins for immersion if I end up getting more. There's a baking process to contend with most likely too in that case.

Last edited:
Top Bottom