Release Alpha Zen Protocol 215+ Acorn Miner (Solo)

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
215+ Only - Quick Zen Protocol Alpha

Please do not use this miner after flashing the Tribus miner it can cause significant issues. Tribus has a much higher profitability and there's no reason to continue using the ZP miner.
This miner is intended for windows and linux, it was built as a quick release (a day or so of build). Give it a shot and let me know if it works for you. On first launch it will ask you to flash your acorns, it'll skip non-215+ and say an error, but ignore that if you have mixed acorn. Will take a reboot or power cycle to absorb the stand-alone flash image. This is PURELY a tinkerers alpha and while this will get your acorn mining (profitably per my power calcs), it isn’t the official SQRL Miner / GPU assist magic

Keyboard shortcuts
+ or - will increment or decrement core clock for all acorns
1-9 will select a specific acorn for commands to apply to
a reselects all acorns
d disabled
e enables
q quits

Legend
F/A/I/R/L - Found, Accepted by the pool, Invalid (too high clocks?) Rejected by the pool, Low Difficulty (Acorn internal difficulty is lower than the pool, these are expected). A+I+R+L should = F

it is only using one core, so peak right now is about 330 Mhz/ 330 Mhz. I'll try to do a Linux build and some 101/215 standalone streams this afternoon, just to get those nuts roasting while SQRL miner release is finalized and the rest of the Acorns are shipped

-GPUHoarder

Acorns can run at a max of 125C before thermal shut down, and 110C for an extended period of time (I'd personally keep it <100C just to be safe)

Make sure you have the proper drivers installed before running any miner: http://www.squirrelsresearch.com/get-started-acorn/

~New version uploaded~

Added 215 Support and Dual Core 215+

Version 12a, 101 Support (Both Linux and Windows)

Version 12b
Bug fixes, 212Mhz 215 Plus by default (force flash to upgrade), Better support for up to 64 acorns in a system

Version 12c
Resolved JobID Not Found error

Please do not use this miner after flashing the Tribus miner it can cause significant issues. Tribus has a much higher profitability and there's no reason to continue using the ZP miner.

Attachments

Last edited:

vapourminer

Newcomer
theres a 0.11d version by gpuhoarder (win and linux) with 2 cores out now for the 215+, can you update the OP? make it easier to find, catching it on discord is kinda hit or miss.

TurboShane

Newcomer
Just one small request. Is there a way to get rid of the ding when you x out of the program. My god talk about rip head phone users.

parylizer

Newcomer
Hey one of my 215+ acorns crashes within about 10 seconds of running this and another that crashes after a minute or so.

OP
OP
Dream

Dream

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Lowering the clock seems to help, thanks. Is there something wrong with my acorns though? Why can't I run the full speed?
Silicon lottery, not all acorns are created equal

advento

Newcomer
It is working for me on Ubuntu 18.04, I am however getting a lot of fails because of too low difficulty.

ren97

Newcomer
My 215 is working nicely. Is this hardcoded to zen protocol right now?

Tried matching the syntax in the bat for other algos, doesn’t work.
My 215 is working nicely. Is this hardcoded to zen protocol right now?

Tried matching the syntax in the bat for other algos, doesn’t work.
Also 43% failure at 235 mhz, at 300 mhz, pc reboots.

Last edited:

RickDangerous

Newcomer
When you change the settings and then hit q in the miner to quit it will save the json.

Q: Anybody tips to keep the Acorns cool? I am running 200Mhz on 101 and 150Mhz on the 215+, but theygethot until the system switches of.

Luisjc69

Newcomer
Hello guys...i have also 2x 215 and i want to test it today.
Can i mining also with the CPU? will the 215 also help?
What exactly or where exactly i need to change the algo etc.?
Thanks for help....maybe anyone have like a guide for beginners?

Greetings
Luisa

joysh1025

Newcomer
Hello.
When I run this and restart my computer my Acorn CLE 215 has disappeared from the device manager.
What do I have to do in this case?

muscleboundgeek

Newcomer
I spoke with a rep from SQRL yesterday. They will not even give a roundabout time line for software release. Until then, or, when another engineer writes a new bit-stream we are stuck mining ZP

SilverDesert

Newcomer
@Luisjc69, I am mining ZP with Acorn 215+, GTX 1080 Ti and the CPU all together at the same time on Windows 10 Pro x64.
However the Acorn 215+ miner keeps on crashing while the other 2 are working seamlessly.

earlmo

Newcomer
Yeah, the miner is buggy and the Acorn 215+ overheats and crashes.
What is the VCCINT voltage reported and also the temp? If the voltage is below 0.95 then you're asking for trouble. Closer to 1.0 is preferable. Try adjusting the speed downward by using the + and - keys on the numeric keypad.

Your power supply might also be hitting its limit for the 3.3 V rail, which is where the Acorn draws its power from. You might be able to check the 3.3V rail by using HWINFO64 or an app such as this (depending on your motherboard).

Also if the temp is approaching 80 C on the 215 or 215+ you could experience more crashes. Try to keep it below 75, again by adjusting the hash rate.

I am mining using the Acorn, GPU and ASIC (USB stick) all on the same PC. No issues once things are configured. The Acorns are tested before they left SQRL, but you can't expect them to test all motherboards and power supplies too.

SilverDesert

Newcomer
What is the VCCINT voltage reported and also the temp? If the voltage is below 0.95 then you're asking for trouble. Closer to 1.0 is preferable. Try adjusting the speed downward by using the + and - keys on the numeric keypad.

Your power supply might also be hitting its limit for the 3.3 V rail, which is where the Acorn draws its power from. You might be able to check the 3.3V rail by using HWINFO64 or an app such as this (depending on your motherboard).

Also if the temp is approaching 80 C on the 215 or 215+ you could experience more crashes. Try to keep it below 75, again by adjusting the hash rate.

I am mining using the Acorn, GPU and ASIC (USB stick) all on the same PC. No issues once things are configured. The Acorns are tested before they left SQRL, but you can't expect them to test all motherboards and power supplies too.
If the temp reaches near 80C the miner crashes. The volt is close to 1.0.
I have reduced speed and it stays in the range of 75C however if the statum disconnects the miner shuts down and has to be started manually.

Top Bottom