Release Alpha Zen Protocol 215+ Acorn Miner (Solo)

Carl T

Banned
Banned
Yeh. But unless I missed something the only Acorn bitstream right now is for ZP !
Yep, dude that posted the drivers said it's just to keep nuts roasting until the sqrl miner comes out. I can't say if the standalone options will improve at that point, it is more designed for the gpu acceleration (I think), but more stand alone miners will probably show up eventually too.
I get the same results with mine, Just hope when Offical miner come out it will be better and we can mine other coins.
Ah, I see what you mean... still in alpha stages. Not sure, maybe they'll be combined?
Couldn't tell yah which other coins are mineable with acorns.. guessing many of the ones that don't require ram will work eventually.

Last edited:

epicfpga

Newcomer
I don't spend much time in Discord, but here is the drivers and all that I was told to use officially via email straight from Squirrels Research on Dec 5th.
We are still working on finishing up the Miner, as soon as it's done we will send out an announcement.
You can check this out until SQRL Miner is ready!
https://thefpgaforum.com/threads/alpha-zen-protocol-215-acorn-miner-solo.57/
Drivers:
http://www.airsquirrels.com/sqrl/AcornDriversWin-1.0.0.msi
http://www.airsquirrels.com/sqrl/AcornDriversLinux-1.0.0.tgz

Hey DragonLogic
Am I missing something?
Have you tried re-seating, gut feeling says bad connection/short somewhere. I say that just because I see your VCCINT rising a little, still looks within tolerance. That at least my initial WAG.

Last edited:

Carl T

Banned
Banned
215+ Only - Quick Zen Protocol Alpha

This miner is intended for windows and linux, it was built as a quick release (a day or so of build). Give it a shot and let me know if it works for you. On first launch it will ask you to flash your acorns, it'll skip non-215+ and say an error, but ignore that if you have mixed acorn. Will take a reboot or power cycle to absorb the stand-alone flash image. This is PURELY a tinkerers alpha and while this will get your acorn mining (profitably per my power calcs), it isn’t the official SQRL Miner / GPU assist magic

Keyboard shortcuts
+ or - will increment or decrement core clock for all acorns
1-9 will select a specific acorn for commands to apply to
a reselects all acorns
d disabled
e enables
q quits

Legend
F/A/I/R/L - Found, Accepted by the pool, Invalid (too high clocks?) Rejected by the pool, Low Difficulty (Acorn internal difficulty is lower than the pool, these are expected). A+I+R+L should = F

it is only using one core, so peak right now is about 330 Mhz/ 330 Mhz. I'll try to do a Linux build and some 101/215 standalone streams this afternoon, just to get those nuts roasting while SQRL miner release is finalized and the rest of the Acorns are shipped

-GPUHoarder

Acorns can run at a max of 125C before thermal shut down, and 110C for an extended period of time (I'd personally keep it <100C just to be safe)

Make sure you have the proper drivers installed before running any miner: http://www.squirrelsresearch.com/get-started-acorn/

~New version uploaded~

Added 215 Support and Dual Core 215+

Version 12a, 101 Support (Both Linux and Windows)

Version 12b
Bug fixes, 212Mhz 215 Plus by default (force flash to upgrade), Better support for up to 64 acorns in a system

Version 12c
Resolved JobID Not Found error

Acorn 1 toasted (october or novembewr batch)... My power supply is a monster power series rx-700at and mobo is GA-970A-DS3P
215+ Only - Quick Zen Protocol Alpha

This miner is intended for windows and linux, it was built as a quick release (a day or so of build). Give it a shot and let me know if it works for you. On first launch it will ask you to flash your acorns, it'll skip non-215+ and say an error, but ignore that if you have mixed acorn. Will take a reboot or power cycle to absorb the stand-alone flash image. This is PURELY a tinkerers alpha and while this will get your acorn mining (profitably per my power calcs), it isn’t the official SQRL Miner / GPU assist magic

Keyboard shortcuts
+ or - will increment or decrement core clock for all acorns
1-9 will select a specific acorn for commands to apply to
a reselects all acorns
d disabled
e enables
q quits

Legend
F/A/I/R/L - Found, Accepted by the pool, Invalid (too high clocks?) Rejected by the pool, Low Difficulty (Acorn internal difficulty is lower than the pool, these are expected). A+I+R+L should = F

it is only using one core, so peak right now is about 330 Mhz/ 330 Mhz. I'll try to do a Linux build and some 101/215 standalone streams this afternoon, just to get those nuts roasting while SQRL miner release is finalized and the rest of the Acorns are shipped

-GPUHoarder

Acorns can run at a max of 125C before thermal shut down, and 110C for an extended period of time (I'd personally keep it <100C just to be safe)

Make sure you have the proper drivers installed before running any miner: http://www.squirrelsresearch.com/get-started-acorn/

~New version uploaded~

Added 215 Support and Dual Core 215+

Version 12a, 101 Support (Both Linux and Windows)

Version 12b
Bug fixes, 212Mhz 215 Plus by default (force flash to upgrade), Better support for up to 64 acorns in a system

Version 12c
Resolved JobID Not Found error

Not looking good for the board and other acorns...
Hope I haven't voided the warranty using the alpha version... never got the email... x4 toast! For suggestions box:

Last edited:

Luisjc69

Newcomer
No, its just adds the solo mining. The GPUs run the same before and after.
can u please explain me what kind of coin/s are u mining with the Acorn??
I cant run my 215 :(
Maybe some one can help about it...also about start parameters .

Also...and I think that is really the big problem atm for me, how I can flash it and were i can download the bin file?
Need to flash over Ubuntu??

Thanks so much
Luisa

theclam

Newcomer
All your answers are in the first post in this thread.
Coin = Zen Protocol
Miner = AcornMiner
Binaries are within the download in the first post for Windows or Linux

Carl T

Banned
Banned
If you have the drivers installed which are found in the getting started area on the sqrl site, it should detect that they aren't flashed when you go to run the miner. Just enter y when prompted, then power down completely when it's done flashing. Power back up and try the miner again. Obviously switch your wallet address in the file that is run. I use the online Zend Protocol wallet as downloading the whole chain for the desktop wallet seemed to take too long with my connection.

If it crashes at the default speed.. hopefully not, try using the - or + adjust the speed until you find a comfortable temp... there are better intructions on page one for sure.

Last edited:

DragonLogic

Newcomer
I don't spend much time in Discord, but here is the drivers and all that I was told to use officially via email straight from Squirrels Research on Dec 5th.
We are still working on finishing up the Miner, as soon as it's done we will send out an announcement.
Drivers:

Hey DragonLogic

Have you tried re-seating, gut feeling says bad connection/short somewhere. I say that just because I see your VCCINT rising a little, still looks within tolerance. That at least my initial WAG.
Drivers:

Hey DragonLogic

Cheers, I'll try reseating the Acorn. The thing is that even if I run the Acorn at 0.95 v and 390mhs which runs stable for days the invalid shares are almost exactly the same percentage. Is there a possibility that the firmware for the FPGA is corrupt? Will reflashing it help?

I/ACORNMINER: A-1(471e0200): Temp: 65.34 C, VCCINT: 0.94 V, Shares(F/A/I/R/L): 50305/13009/24426/21/12849, Clk: 195.00 MHz, Core Hashrate: 390.00 MH/s
I/ACORNMINER: Total Hashrate: 390.00 MH/s

I left it running for days and there are no crashes on the pool I'm averaging 182mhs.

LokarBOA

Newcomer
Is there a possibility that the firmware for the FPGA is corrupt? Will reflashing it help?
Well, It's not impossible and it shouldn't hurt to try. Those numbers really are quite odd. With the 12c version all of mine run for days with 0 invalids. Voltage seems fine, clocks and temps are reasonable :shrug:

DragonLogic

Newcomer
Well, It's not impossible and it shouldn't hurt to try. Those numbers really are quite odd. With the 12c version all of mine run for days with 0 invalids. Voltage seems fine, clocks and temps are reasonable :shrug:[/QUOTE

Yeah it seems strange to me aswell. I've been mining for a few years now and I don't think I've ever seen such a high number of invalid shares on any kit GPU's or ASIC's it normally would have crashed. It doesn't crash at all infact it's very stable. That said I did expect some teething problems with them. I've re-flashed the FPGA now with all three different Bitstreams available and the same problem happens on all three with the same percentage of invalid shares. Maybe it's broken like the flash memory being corrupt? I'll try it on other motherboards before I come to that conclusion though. If you guys have any suggestions I'm all ears? I was planning on buying 30 Acorns this week but I'm wobbling on that now and looking into vcu1525's/bcu1525's instead. I'll contact SQRL direct and see if they will replace it if I'm still having problems by next week. Does anyone on this forum have any time frame on when SQRL miner will be released?
below is just for referring back to I've posted results for 200mhs, 390mhs and stock 350mhs same results no matter what is do. It crashes at 420mhs or above but the temps never exceed 76c even when pushing the Acorn. The voltage starts to climb at 320mhs and lower (0.95v at that speed). Anything below 230mhs the voltage is at 1V+ and temps are around 53c but today is quite cool.

I/ACORNMINER: Total Hashrate: 350.00 MH/s
I/ACORNMINER: A-1(64cddbf8): Temp: 65.58 C, VCCINT: 0.94 V, Shares(F/A/I/R/L): 275/67/146/0/62, Clk: 175.00 MHz, Core Hashrate: 350.00 MH/s
I/ACORNMINER: A-1(d52265cd): Temp: 66.81 C, VCCINT: 0.94 V, Shares(F/A/I/R/L): 275/67/146/0/62, Clk: 175.00 MHz, Core Hashrate: 350.00 MH/s

epicfpga

Newcomer
@DragonLogic are your running more than 1 miner on the pool? try using a unique address for all of your miners on the pool, may not hurt to try another address as well before swapping the HW. Maybe remove other devices on the PCIE and another motherboard.

highaltitude

Newcomer
My Acorn 101 runs decent but the fan is loud and seems off making a wah wah wah wah noise as if something is rubbing. It runs 150 MH/s with no adjustments. The longest I could get my 215+ to run was about 10 seconds. Then I installed an additional fan right next to the Acorn. It's at about 66C now and is running well. I bumped it up a few OC's and it's running stable at 400 MH/s at the moment.

luckyguy

Newcomer
Hey guys and gals,

How do I setup my CLE 101 to mine ethereum on nanpool? I'm on ubuntu 16.04, the AcornMiner file doesn't contain any help on command line arguments. Any guide or help is highly appreciated.

Thanks!

highaltitude

Newcomer
You can't currently run anything other than Zen Protocol in this thread. That's why a lot of people are frustrated. The manufacturer claims they have a multi algorithm software to go with the acorn to allow GPU boosting and or stand-alone mining. However none of the software has surfaced yet so the only thing available is this one bitstream someone created with an obscure coin. I don't know much about the development of this type of software whether it's a lot harder for different algorithm. Not really sure why this one was chosen. It's not a great reflection of whether the device is working correctly or not since this isn't the intended software. At least for me.
Mine are sitting on a shelf until they are worth running.

luckyguy

Newcomer
You can't currently run anything other than Zen Protocol in this thread. That's why a lot of people are frustrated. The manufacturer claims they have a multi algorithm software to go with the acorn to allow GPU boosting and or stand-alone mining. However none of the software has surfaced yet so the only thing available is this one bitstream someone created with an obscure coin. I don't know much about the development of this type of software whether it's a lot harder for different algorithm. Not really sure why this one was chosen. It's not a great reflection of whether the device is working correctly or not since this isn't the intended software. At least for me.
Mine are sitting on a shelf until they are worth running.
Ahh man, I did not know that. Maybe I should email Fiona from SQRL about it. Good to know though, I guess I will be removing the CLE101 from my rig until some software surfaces for ethereum.

Hopefully Squirrel Miner is release soon.

Thank you again.

highaltitude

Newcomer
Yeah just a comparison. I'm my gaming test rig I have 1 GTX1070 Ti FTW, it runs 850+ MH/s on Zen Protocol by itself. The Acorn CLE 101 runs at about 150 MH/s by itself and the CLE 215+ runs at about 380+

Carl T

Banned
Banned
So the CLE 101 is not worth running until the software is released?
It looks like there is 101 support if you download the ZP miner, there is a 101 .bat file anyway. The website doesn't say anything about it working by itself though.

Mubarak1961

Newcomer
Hi everyone,
Just installed 215+ with GTX 1080. test it with this resalt: Total Hashrate: 0.00 Mh/s A-1 Offline Crashed - this is stratu message
Also install 101 with 2 GPU (1) 1050 Ti and 1060 6GB. it looks great with the test Total hashrate: 150 Mh/s temp 86.38
What is the best config for 215+ added to 1080 8GB to work fine?
Moreover, how can I reduce the temp lower than 80C?

Last edited:

highaltitude

Newcomer
There is no GPU boost yet so those numbers are the Acorns by themselves. The only way I got my 215+ to work was to plug in an extra fan in to the motherboard and point it directly on the acorn which brought the temperatures down significantly.

@ Luckyguy; its up to you to decide if its "worth it" (electricity vs. reward/coins) I ran the software on mine to test and see how things worked. Since my GTX 1070 Ti does about 5+ times the mount of Zen Protocol that the Acorn can do I'm not running it.

Mubarak1961

Newcomer
Test result
There is no GPU boost yet so those numbers are the Acorns by themselves. The only way I got my 215+ to work was to plug in an extra fan in to the motherboard and point it directly on the acorn which brought the temperatures down significantly.

@ Luckyguy; its up to you to decide if its "worth it" (electricity vs. reward/coins) I ran the software on mine to test and see how things worked. Since my GTX 1070 Ti does about 5+ times the mount of Zen Protocol that the Acorn can do I'm not running it.
Thanks, my system has 5 fans and I set GPU 1080 +50 core clock + 125 memory clock and the temp around 58-59. Also I ran 4 miners software for
Ravencoin, HTH, Stellite and Suqa coin. beside stellite it self has built in miner using 2 thread of CPU.
I don't realized if the 215+ crached becuse of the temperature or not, because when I operate it for the first time it worked for a while fine , than just crashed.

Attachments

Last edited:

highaltitude

Newcomer
It does not matter what settings you put on your 1080 card they don't affect anything to do with the acorn. If you want to up the setting on the acorn you just hold shift and the plus button on your keyboard. While being in the command prompt of the acorn. There is no GPU boost right now so your card and your Acorn are working separately

Top Bottom