ANNOUNCEMENT Apologies for Service Disruption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul of Jacobeh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey All,

I apologize for the availability problems with the server for the past week, and also for any misplaced posts. Our hosting provider updated CentOS and pointed the site at the wrong copy (basically, at the backup) for a few days. When they took the backup offline, the site went down until I was able to point it at the correct version. Of course, the days pointed at the backup then didn't reflect, and I requested that they sync the backup to the new one. I honestly can't tell if that was done correctly yet, and I'd hate to lose the good conversations and posts we had last week, so I'm doing my best to get the changes merged.

From what I can tell, they did resync with the backup... but I don't really see the posts from then? Doing my best. Bear with me. Thanks.

-Jacob

OP
OP
Soul of Jacobeh

Soul of Jacobeh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Update:

I have the current version of the site with all of our posts that are visible to you now, and a copy of the database file that includes all the posts that were snapped during the switch from the... new-old copy to the old-correct copy.... Yeah don't ask.

Anywho, I'll be working with @Dream to get this meme back to where it was without losing new posts (like Biker's nice post) or any of our new members.

Lesson learned: Hosting providers can mess up stuff that you have 0 chance to fix or prevent. Yay.

Edit: Private conversations and registrations between Friday and Sunday will likely not be restored. Apologies; I can't risk merging conflicts on those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom