Discussion Dayun-Zig-Z1 - LYRA2REV2 ASIC

OP
OP
Jriggs28

Jriggs28

Staff member
The link only contains the photos and it still works on my end.

BDF_

Newcomer
There is no proof of product or performance yet. Also just by looking at VTC's history by overlaying graphs of Difficulty/Price/Profitability...... hashrate seems to all be driven by simple market forces. If a TON of ASICs were turned on at some point....you'd see the difficulty go up...profitability go down....and price remain stable (relatively) compare to the motion of the previous two. You don't see that.

If however the ASICs ARE real, it was possible they were pointed to nicehash and the people bidding on the hashrate were unknowingly spreading it out over all Lyra2rev2 coins, lowering the profitability of the algo as a whole. I'm not sure how to measure this or what to use as a control to compare it to in order to conclude whether or not it is likely we've had ASICs on lyra2rev2 yet.

OP
OP
Jriggs28

Jriggs28

Staff member
There is no proof of product or performance yet. Also just by looking at VTC's history by overlaying graphs of Difficulty/Price/Profitability...... hashrate seems to all be driven by simple market forces. If a TON of ASICs were turned on at some point....you'd see the difficulty go up...profitability go down....and price remain stable (relatively) compare to the motion of the previous two. You don't see that.

If however the ASICs ARE real, it was possible they were pointed to nicehash and the people bidding on the hashrate were unknowingly spreading it out over all Lyra2rev2 coins, lowering the profitability of the algo as a whole. I'm not sure how to measure this or what to use as a control to compare it to in order to conclude whether or not it is likely we've had ASICs on lyra2rev2 yet.
Well put BDF (as usual :) )

I do find it very odd that nothing "out of the ordinary" was reported on the main Lyra2rev2 coin which would indicate a possible ASIC being "tested"

Maybe this is a rare case where the manufacturer did NOT fire up the entire supply and run it first then sell and ship.

Looks like they are available for purchase in multiple places.

https://www.asicminervalue.com/miners/dayun/zig-z1

RIP Lyra2rev2

_B1_

Newcomer
Hmm, thought I saw a hashrate spike a couple of days ago on some coins (x2) - could be wrong.
So batch 1 sold out very quick, and batch 2 (significantly cheaper) a day or so later. BTC only. And then the site disappeared.
https://dayunminer.com/product/dayun-rig-z1/

So best case - it's DoS or they just can't run a website. Worst case they have decided its easier just to take all of that BTC and disappear. There are youtubes of distributors with boxes of them ... but no reviews with actual hashrates etc. If its a scam then it is well orchestrated. Perhaps that wasn't the real site to buy them? The domain name was registered just weeks ago.

Sketchy.

BDF_

Newcomer
Yup saw that vid. Likely means they've been pointed to nicehash or non-vertcoin lyra2rev2 pools.

Roxor

Newcomer
The return of this miner halved in the last week (+-$50/day --> $20/day)? Yikes! BCUs will never get a Lyra2REv2 bitstream at this rate.

BDF_

Newcomer
There is a strong strong financial incentive for any asics sold to never be able to ROI. You can be sure that Dayun or a competitor has turned on a better lyar2rev2 asic and thus Dayun sold its used Z1s while it could still get people to pay for them.

Top Bottom