Question Life Expectancy of BCU-1525s and CPV-13

AlgoMiner

Newcomer
Hello,

Anyone aware of rated life expectancy of the BCU 1125 & CPV 13 running 24/7?

I figure this is a good point to know considering the hefty investment in these cards.

Regards!

Last edited by a moderator:

BittWareTech

BittWare Rep
Manufacturer
We ran our standard MTBF (Mean Time Between Failure) tools on the CVP-13 and came out to 900,365 hours for Ground Benign Controlled 30C, 100% Duty Cycle, Telcordia Issue 4. Note of course actual mileage will vary, these results are meant for comparison purposes.

OP
OP
A

AlgoMiner

Newcomer
We ran our standard MTBF (Mean Time Between Failure) tools on the CVP-13 and came out to 900,365 hours for Ground Benign Controlled 30C, 100% Duty Cycle, Telcordia Issue 4. Note of course actual mileage will vary, these results are meant for comparison purposes.
Cool, thanks ... that is a 102 year lifespan based on those parameters. I am guessing that should equate to at least 10 years lifespan running max mining capacity?

BittWareTech

BittWare Rep
Manufacturer
Yeah, 102 years seems crazy, that's why these MTBF calculations are kind of weird, and have to be taken in relative terms. If the number came out really low, we'd be concerned. Some methods have generally lower numbers (10s of thousand of hours), others are more like 100s of thousands of hours. Our customers who ask generally have the relative reference points to compare to. As for 10 years mining, as I said, actual mileage will vary.

Top Bottom