Question Waiting for miner

slowLlama

Newcomer
Hi, everybody

If I plug my Acorns into my mobo, will they work with my gpus? Do I need to wait for sqrl miner to come out before they assist my gpus?

Is my only option at the moment to load the drivers, and mine with version 12-c?
Found out the answer. Feel free to use this thread for dank memes.

Last edited:

Carl T

Banned
Banned
Thanks, that is a good point, almost what I was wondering:D I just wonder if everything is pooled into "the fpga array" and any number of gpus can be accelerated up to certain extents obviously. Or whether there has to be some sort of even pairing l;ike 1 to 2, 2 to 2, 2 to 4, 3 to 6 etc.
A while back I picked up an odd number of gpus.. If nothing else, when sqrl miner comes out I can surely pair them 1 to 1!

And where does the 1070 fall I wonder.. get the 215+ or is that wasteful?

2070 support?
when x32?.. lols

Last edited:

epicfpga

Newcomer
I believe as of right now, 12c is what we get. At least its the only public release that I know of. I bet there's some other private bitstreams floating around.

I went with two 2-15s to put in my 6 AMD GPU Rig, but hey I'm one of those people who still mines with or without profit. So I'll probably end up mining either way. I can see my buying more and more of these. Probably will see some cool bitstreams down the road can that utilize an entire 2x or 4x nest.

Right now I'm using Hiveos(only because its so easy, gives me temp and hashrate monitoring as well) to run 3 separate miners from the same rig. I'm mining the 6 - AMD GPUs, 2-215+s, and CPU mining very stable.

Carl T

Banned
Banned
You perma-bull lol Difficulty is at least way down lately. Even without the accelerator software I'm still logging more hours on the gpus than I would be otherwise. Been trying build as efficient as possible these days.

Might try hiveos, sounds pretty good, certainly better than buying a bunch of win10 pro. I'm using mint right now.

Last edited:

epicfpga

Newcomer
You perma-bull lol Difficulty is at least way down lately. Even without the accelerator software I'm still logging more hours on the gpus than I would be otherwise. Been trying build as efficient as possible these days.
Yeah, I don't know if I'm very bullish still. I'm an engineer and it's a new toy to play with. I did some FPGA designs, board work, and kernel drivers about decade ago with spartan 3 chips and I really enjoyed it. Now days its just a hobby for me.

Carl T

Banned
Banned
Yeah, I don't know if I'm very bullish still. I'm an engineer and it's a new toy to play with. I did some FPGA designs, board work, and kernel drivers about decade ago with spartan 3 chips and I really enjoyed it. Now days its just a hobby for me.
I'm bullish after we hit $1300 next winter :( ( lols.. Considering trying programming fpgas... my background is in web development and db stuff mostly though, looks like quite a leap from here! But I am no stranger to hardware stuff at least.. couldn't program my way out of a paper bag when it comes to C and java tho lol
eventually my standalone fpga will be here.. Maybe I can find the white rabbit there ;D

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

slowLlama

Newcomer
I'm advanced at Microsoft Excel..

I do intend to pick up some programming. Taking a course on macOS right now.

There is another thread in the forum that dives into the technical details of GPU acceleration and what load is appropriate for the capacity of your configuration.

I bought these to help reduce wattage and increase hashrate. But I was mining eth at the time. I'm now mining rito coin. Once sqrl mine comes out I'm redirect my rigs to rvn.

I am thinking about pointing one rig at a safecoin pool because I can trade rito on safe.trade. Imagine if you could mine bnb!

The Acorns are working great! The zen protocol pool records my Hashrate exceeding 1 Gh sometimes!

I've got everything on ethOS 1.3.3. I can't say enough good things about not just ethOS, but, the IRC support channel is incredible, especially for an average puter user like myself.

Carl T

Banned
Banned
I'm advanced at Microsoft Excel..

I do intend to pick up some programming. Taking a course on macOS right now.
Neo4j is my db of choice (and certification by the grace of Cthulhu):D I may try (mineral oil) immersion cooling on my x4 when it arrives as so I can see how it holds up (I'll probably remove the fans if so), and how a larger fpga would work out. Very tempting anyway! lol

Last edited:

Carl T

Banned
Banned
TIL neo4j is a thing.. and there are courses on Lynda.com taboot!
It is perfect for monitoring large complex networks among loads of other things. Let me know if you have any questions! I'm always happy to attempt to help! Bit rusty tho :) Not sure there is a good getting started point, somewhere lol! They have a bunch of videos that you can sift through. And the dev relations team has gotten me out some binds before !! They're on twitter, I feel I should pay it forward if possible.

The desktop manager has some examples and the nifty browser
https://neo4j.com/download/
Mark Needham recommends to start here, can't go wrong with that suggestion :D
https://neo4j.com/whitepapers/graph-algorithms-neo4j-ebook/
and this of course
https://neo4j.com/developer/get-started/
How bout that!? They have a new getting started course now :D
https://neo4j.com/graphacademy/online-training/introduction-to-neo4j/

I'm watching this youtube vid (Building a CPU on an FPGA, part 1) for an intro to fpga / bitstream programming
which seems pretty good.

Also good,

Good info too :)

And finally, the open source miner:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=9047.0
Hi, everybody

If I plug my Acorns into my mobo, will they work with my gpus? Do I need to wait for sqrl miner to come out before they assist my gpus?

Is my only option at the moment to load the drivers, and mine with version 12-c?
Found out the answer. Feel free to use this thread for dank memes.
I wonder what will happen with the new eth fork

Last edited:
Top Bottom